Monday, April 18, 2016

Kiyora Kanaru Miyajima 14-17

Kiyora Kanaru Miyajima 14-17

Finally, I've gotten the update for the next few pages. It's not that the dialog is particularly difficult; I've been kind of busy with a lot of stuff lately... I do get the feeling that there's going to be a lot of Hiroshima-ben in this book.

Here we have more food tasting and more chibi supernatural creatures. I am starting to notice a pattern here. It seems that although the demons fulfill the same role as the princesses, Onga interacts with them in a much more casual way. However, it's clear that he's still very affectionate to them.

Page 14




































きよら(思想):おんなじ船
Kiyora (thought): We’re on the same boat

きよら(思想):うれしい
Kiyora (thought): I’m glad

友達:ーだよね?きよら
Friend: Don’t you think, Kiyora?

きよら:あ、う、うん!
Kiyora: Oh, um, sure!

ちら。。。
Peeking

きよら(思想):学校おおなじだとよかったのにな。。。
Kiyora (thought) : It would be good if we went to the same school too.

(?) 恩賀ー焼ガキの15コ追加な
(?) Onga, fifteen more fried oysters

看板:火鬼八 (かきや)
Sign: Kakiya

page 15
 

 


 恩賀:はいーよ!
Onga: Okaaaay!

おばあさん:おにいちゃん、バイト?
Old woman: Young man, is this your part time job?

恩賀:カキ屋の一人息子なんで焼きにも年季入ってますよ
Onga: Actually I’m the only son of this shop and I’m on my apprenticeship

おばあさん:そりゃー楽しみだわ
焼きガキ一皿もらおうかね
Old woman: Oh my! That sounds exciting.
I’ll have one oyster plate.

恩賀:はい
Onga: sure

恩賀
カキ飯頼む
Onga
Oyster rice, please

恩賀:人づかいの荒いオヤジだよ
まったく
That old man’s a slave driver
Geez

鬼:おんがー
San-san: Onga…

恩賀:なんだ?
Onga: What?

 Page 16

 
































鬼たち:おなかぺこぺこ
Demons: my tummy’s empty

ラベル
Label
二ノ鬼ニキ
Second demon: Niki
三ノ鬼 さんさん
Third demon: San-san

ニキ:カキ飯を味見しよっか?
Niki: How ‘bout if we test the oyster rice?

恩賀:鬼の感想なんかいらんっ
Onga: I don’t need your advice!

恩賀:カキ飯は代々伝わるうちの舌で作る!!
Onga: We’ve made oyster rice to our own tastes for generations!!

ニキ:ぶー
Niki: Boo.

Sound effect
どんっ
Thud!

 Page 17



































恩賀:おいしいって食ってくれりゃそれでいーよ。
Onga: If you eat it and say it’s delicious, that’s good enough for me.

ニキ:おんがーやっぱおまえいいやつだ!
Niki: Onga, you really are a great guy!

さんさん:あ、あれで食べっていい?
San-San: Hey, can I use that?

大杓子
Giant rice paddle

恩賀:ダメ!!
Onga: No!!

さんさん:けち
San-San: Meanie

Notes: On page 14 we see the shop sign for Kakiya for the first time. The pun is spelled on the sign because you can see the kanji of "demon" "fire" and "shop" can also be read to sound like "oyster shop." 

The giant rice paddle shows up for the first time, and we'll see the full display on page 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment