Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Maggies Banquet

So last Friday and Saturday, April 28-29, I was in LA!

I haven't been there for so long! I think I went there a grand total of once after graduation. But because SHiFT Magazine was included in the magazines entered, Miranda and I got to go to the banquet and network with other magazine people.

I'm disappointed that I didn't plan the trip a bit better so I could do more touristy stuff on the weekend. We got in Friday afternoon and left early Saturday morning. So we basically came for the event and nothing else.

In fact, we got to the hotel a mere 20 minutes before the speaker part of the event started, so we had to dash upstairs and make ourselves look like we hadn't just stepped off an airplane in about 15 minutes. Under the circumstances, we did a good job. I'm a fan of RuPaul's drag race, and now i feel like I can sympathize more with some of the challenges.


Our American Eagle Airplane


Our room at the Sheraton

Miranda with the student magazines--before they got messed up and stolen by the guests (including us)

Us dressed up all fancy

selfie at the banquet


Us at the photo booth




Jane Silbering presenting the awards



There was this cool slide show at the end with all the different magazine covers.

After the dinner, Miranda and I ran back to the tables with all the magazines and stole all the ones that looked interesting (especially the student ones). Then we figured out that the hotel had a hot tub, so we changed into our swimsuits and hung out there for an hour. The weather in LA was balmy and perfect to be outside at night.

So we had a great time overall and got some new contact, but the best part was the hot tub.


No comments:

Post a Comment