Thursday, June 23, 2016

My New Place



       



 This one is mostly pictures, because I haven't done a post about my new place yet. :P So right now I'm living in a studio size apartment this wacky historical mansion that was built over a hundred years ago (part of Historical San Jose, which means I can't so shit to the walls or anything). So over the past two weeks I've been slowly adding stuff to the place--mostly stuff originating from Ikea and making it look more like somewhere a person actually lives.



















 So these two are what the place looked like the first day. The front closet actually has a lot of room.  And yes, that is probably the ugliest carpet ever. It looks like it belongs on an airplane. In coach. But at least it isn't fuzzy.







These tables usually go int he kitchen, and I inherited them from the previous occupant. At least one of them comes from Ikea. 



 

This is when the bed, sofa, and vanity were put in. The sofa was the first piece of furniture I had. The bed is from Ikea, and the vanity we ordered online, and it's pretty much the only piece of furniture I assembled by myself. Because I'm good at delegating. :)

The door with the tiny picture in it is the door into the kitchen.






Here's the vanity when it's open. I chose this one because it converts into a desk.




Here's the most recent photos of the main room. With the artwork up and the bookshelves assembled. 


 

Here's the other side of the main room. I put my Chihiro picture above the couch, and now there's a mirror on the closet door and a bookshelf by the door.


 

Here's the kitchen. It's really its own room, so that's nice because I'm not always in my bedroom. The one table can be pulled out, and I have an extra chair.





 And here's the other side of the kitchen with the mugs above the sink and the dish rack.

I should take another picture of the bathroom, although I'm not sure I want to. I have an ocean theme going on, but it's still a bathroom. And it's tiny.























No comments:

Post a Comment