Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Archery Class

Last night I took my first archery class in ages! It was really low-key, which I liked. The instructor kind of reminded me of my coach in college.

Since this was the intermediate class, after a brief introduction we divided into a first line and second line and shot at about 9 yards. So when the other line was shooting, I was resting. Which seems like it would be boring, but personally I have zero energy so if I shoot continuously for an hour I get tired. So worked for me.

No targets yet so we just worked on the anchor and posture. I found it very relaxing to shoot blank bale and just try to get my hand in the same position each time. I've been in a rut lately with this bow, so I liked having some one on one instruction.

The best part is, they shop let me store my bow there in between lessons! Now I won't have to assemble it before class every time.





No comments:

Post a Comment